Choosing a practitioner:
- Click on the name of the practitioner for further information.
- Areas of Interest provides a strong indicator of issues, in which, a practitioner will be most knowledgeable. (See Practitioner more info)
- Distance is not a restriction. Practitioners use online video conferencing (skype, zoom etc), to connect with their clients anywhere in the world.
- The State Location buttons will filter the practitioners into groups by States of Australia.
Registered Psychologist – Private Practice
- BAPsych, GDipCouns, MHlthProm
- Member of Australian Psychological Society (APS)
- Fellow APS College of Counselling Psychologists
- Certified Circle of Security Parent Educator
- Certified TRTP Practitioner
As a registered Psychologist with over 25 years’ experience, Stella Phillips is regularly exposed to clients, friends and colleagues, who in spite of years of searching, are unable to make sense of their relentless internal struggle with anxiety, depression, fear and sense of isolation. What she sees more and more are treatments focused on symptom alleviation that do not sufficiently address the underlying and pervasive trauma that continues to impact people’s lives, often years after the event or experience. Trauma has a far-reaching and significant impact on mental health and quality of life and is often undiagnosed and subsequently undertreated, particularly in women.
Stella’s practice focuses exclusively on women across the adult lifespan, in helping them recover their psychological, emotional, spiritual and physical health. She has worked with women presenting with a diverse range of issues, including anxiety, depression, anger, PTSD, trauma, abuse, self-esteem, grief and loss, family and relationship breakdown, pain and illness management.
Her focus is on helping women understand the source of their distress and on how to overcome the emotional pain of past distressing or traumatic events that impact their present lives. Events such as: adverse childhood experiences (including bullying; emotional or physical neglect; verbal humiliation; growing up with a family member with mental/physical illness or addiction; parental abandonment, divorce, or loss); witnessing or experiencing all forms of violence; accidents or serious illness; complicated birthing; medical procedures; and more.
Stella’s clinical approach to therapy is one of compassion, sensitivity and enthusiasm while instilling hope in her clients that things can improve. She uses The Richards Trauma Process, along with other psychotherapeutic approaches to help her clients overcome their fears and reach their true potential, in a safe and respectful environment.
Stella has a genuine interest and passion in providing quality clinical services to assist women when they are feeling their most vulnerable and she would welcome the opportunity to work with you. Please see her website for further information.
AREAS OF INTEREST
Helping women recover their psychological, emotional, spiritual and physical health, who may be struggling with anxiety, panic attacks, depression, prenatal or postnatal depression, anger, PTSD, low self-esteem, guilt, grief and loss, pain and illness.